Alper Özdil interactive resume
Last updated on January 2021
Summary & Profile
I have +15 years of experience in the IT Industry. I have experienced a vast variety of different IT roles like (in order), IT Specialist, IT Services Analyst, IT Coordinator, IT Delivery Services Manager, IT Infrastructure Delivery Manager / IT Project Manager, lastly Technical Services & End User Support MEA Leader as my current/active role.
Some key skills I have are “creative thinking”, “innovation”, “communication”, “smart working”, “critical thinking”, “customer satisfaction”, “interpersonal skills”, “people skills expert”, “delivering quality work”. No matter what my title is, I always find ways to innovate more for myself and my company while accomplishing my tasks. I love to create new conceptual ideas as much as I can and find creative ways to implement them in business without violating Company Strategies & Guidelines. I also have an educator background & skill. My communication & presentation skills are mastered related to this background. I love to learn, teach and share ideas and expertise. I also push my colleagues to create new ideas and to innovate as well. Self-educating myself and inspiring others are a huge part of my personal lifestyle. As part of good communication, I am a very good team player and leader.
Outside of business: I love to create concept ideas to resolve any kind of problems as well and convert them mostly into art. In terms of that, I have many active art related hobbies all at the Professional level. More details are in the “interest” section of this CV.
•Change Management EXPERT
•Communication & Collaboration
•Innovation & Share Expertise
•People Skills EXPERT
•Educator / Mentor Skills
•Critical Problem Solving
•IT Infrastructure Management
•IT Project Management
•MAJOR Incident Management
•Managing Projects & Programs
•Service Delivery & Availability
GEOPHYSICS ENGINEERING (2005)
MARMARA EĞİTİM KURUMLARI
Working Experience (details below)
MEA Technical Services Team Lead, IT Iteration / roject Manager
IBM Global Services
Deskside Support Representative
(Distributed Client Services)
IT Services Availability Manager
IBM Global Services
IT Services Delivery Manager
CIO Infrastructure Services MEA (IBM)
IT Services Availability Manager
IBM Global Services
2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
Working Experience (details)
MEA, TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES TEAM LEADER (Iteration/Project MANAGER MEA)
IBM GLOBAL SERVICES (2018-PRESENT) ACTIVE ROLE
As the IT Manager of Technical Support Services MEA Team (for countries; Saudi Arabia, UAE, Pakistan, Egypt and Turkey, managing 20 people in total)
I’m managing all Technical Support Services in these countries which are primarily:
• All End-User Support & Deskside Services (local IT support Teams)
• LAN & WAN Network Deployment
• Printing Services
• Mobile Devices Support
• Asset Management / Inventory
• Leading IT Projects as IT Project/Iteration Manager
KEY ROLE TASKS:
- Proactively monitoring the problems and change process and manages incidents and change issues and alerts as needed all across MEA.
- Working with the customer (project office) to understand issues and requirements and respond to requests for new services (RFS's) to help grow the business.
- Helping to ensure quality of service and manage cost of delivery by looking at better ways to provide service in a cost-efficient manner.
- Leading and directing the delivery team with direction from the DPE/PE and may be assigned to one or more accounts depending on their size and complexity.
- Managing Service Level performance on assigned account(s) and reports attainment and potential exposures in a timely manner.
IBM GLOBAL SERVICES (2019-PRESENT) *ACTIVE ROLE
CORPORATE MOBILE SERVICES COUNTRY MANAGER TURKEY
In parallel to IT Iteration/IT Services MEA Team Leader role, I am also managing all Mobile/Data Services in Turkey. Including PO/finance, execution of Daily mobile Operations, Checking SLAs, Managing vendor relations & communication with local and global service providers. Managing 5 local people in operations team.
IT Services Delivery Manager - CIO Infrastructure Services MEA (IBM)
Dates EmployedMay 2014 – 2018
Employment Duration4 yrs 6 mos
region. Is an integral part of the account planning and delivery support strategy.end
*Proactively monitoring the problem and change process and managesproblem and change issues and alerts as needed MEA support team and delivery support organization in all across MEA.
*Working with the customer (project office) to understand issues and requirements and respond to requests for new services (RFS's) to help grow the business.
*Helpingtoensurequality of service and manage the cost of delivery by looking at better ways to provide service in a role is the primary contact userThisbetweencost efficient manner.
*Leading and directing the delivery team with direction from the DPE/PE and may be assigned to one or more accounts depending on their size and complexity.
*Managing Service Level performance on assigned account(s) and reports attainment and potential exposures in a timely manner.
IT Services (Availability) Manager
IBM Global Services MEA
Dates Employed 2009 – 2014
Employment Duration9 yrs
This role supervises, coordinates and maintains on a daily basis, the levels of service agreed with and expected by the client (SLA or equivalent documents) while keeping a constant focus on improving the performance of the services provided.
- Being the first Service Management contact point for the delivery organization for all the "operational activities of the customer". Leadership and the operational responsibility for the resources allocated to the clients or services with this responsibility.
- With agreement from the SM/DPE,i am the client's focal point for all aspects concerning service delivery on a day to day basis taking any necessary actions to maintain and to reinforce the quality of these operational contacts.
- Owning the operational Service or Client documentation used within the delivery organization and have responsibility for its update.
- Responsible for updating the hardware and software inventories in accordance with asset management processes.
Deskside Support Representative.
(Distributed Client Services MEA)
Dates EmployedMar 2007 – Jan 2009
Employment Duration1 yr 11 mos
This role performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems through the effective use of available technical resources, per contracted service level agreements. They may also perform installs, moves, adds and change (IMAC) activities, as well as data backup and restore on certain accounts, for clients. They are responsible for resolving problems and performing IMACs within Service Level Agreement objectives (SLA), and completing all related administrative duties.
As the main interface to the client, they need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. network team, server admin, etc., in order to ensure that the proper team is aware of, and taking action on the problem. Strong client communication and business skills are therefore needed since direct client interaction is often required. Accordingly, they have a direct impact on client satisfaction, and therefore, need to understand their account/site environment.
Responsibilities include: Resolve client hardware/software PC problem tickets. A technical knowledge of the supported platform is required as well as a working knowledge of the hardware. Resolve tickets within the client SLA and obtain a high client Satisfaction Rating. Good communication skills are required.
IT Specialist - Data Center Server Specialist
IBM Global Services
Dates EmployedJul 2006 – Mar 2007
Employment Duration : 9 months
• Performed regular maintenance of servers of software upgrades,
• Log analysis, error detection and fault correction
• Responsible for handling desktop and server related issues
• Monitoring Systems availability and performance with Enterprise Tools.
• Handled the tasks of managing data backup of servers through the checking backup logs and file restoring process
software • Performed regular checks on the status of servers, both
• System patch and security configuration and processes
• LAN Administration: added users; printers; removed users; controlling access right list
User Setup - Added user I.D.s; set-up printers; Lotus Notes I.D. or Mobile; Internet/Proxy server; data directories; special software, etc.hardwareandthroughinstallationpatchesandassociated applications and took corrective action to restore service
• Solved hardware and software technical issues while maintaining good customer service levels for IBM client laptops
and• Backup solutions and infrastructurehardware upgrades
• Responsible for vendor management as well as supervision for the installation and maintenance (hardware) of servers by junior staff
• Handled the tasks of monitoring Windows servers, correspondingDataarchives• Executed change management activities within the Windows server O/S
spaceduringpre-defined maintenance window.